Why Wear Alpaca?
If you want to be treated like a king or queen, wear alpaca! Thousands of years ago, the Incas reserved alpaca fiber exclusively for royalty. There are only good reasons to wear alpaca. Below are just a few.
● Alpaca is hypoallergenic and will not irritate or scratch your skin, so most people that are "allergic" to wool can wear alpaca.
● Alpaca is warmer and stronger than wool but as soft as cashmere.
● Alpaca fleece does not contain lanolin like wool.
● Alpaca socks are extremely popular due to the fact that alpaca wicks away moisture leaving your feet cozy and comfortable. Sports socks made with alpaca, bamboo (another sustainable fiber) and cotton can be worn year round.
● Alpaca does not attract static electricity, which otherwise may attract dust.
● Alpaca fiber is flame retardant.
● The reason alpaca is warmer than wool is alpaca fiber contains air pockets in each fiber which creates extremely warm but lightweight garments.
● Alpaca repels water so rain on your coat, jacket or scarf can be easily blotted up.
● If a garment is given a 24-hour rest in between wearings, odors will fall out and garment wrinkles will “iron” themselves and return to their natural shape. Alpaca garments may also be easily refreshed by hanging them in a steamy bathroom.
● Surface soil and most stains can be easily removed by brushing with a lint brush or damp sponge.
● Even though most alpaca products are “dry clean only” they do not have to be dry cleaned as often as other garments. This should save you enough money in dry cleaning costs to buy more alpaca stuff!